Bone health isn’t just about getting enough calcium and avoiding osteoporosis (although those are good goals). Our bones act as a framework for all of our muscles and tissues and keeping them strong is beneficial for movement, protection, and mineral storage. Bones are living organisms, and they require specific needs to keep them healthy.
In today’s episode, Dr. Carling will break down how bones function in our bodies as well as how nutrition and exercise can benefit healthy bones and prevent osteoporosis.
What’s in this episode:
- The function of bones in the body
- The importance of consuming the right types of vitamins and minerals
- How exercise can help strengthen your bones
- Understanding osteoporosis (why it happens and how to counteract it)
- Benefits of nutrition and digestion
- How hormones affect bone health