Employment at Vital Health
Welcome to Vital Health
Before you apply for a position with us, we’d like to give you a little background as to what we are all about and what we look for in a future employee. We provide acupuncture, naturopathy, nutrition and other services that are in alignment with our mission.
Our mission is to provide quality, personalized care to all who walk through our doors; we want our patients smiling and feeling better when they leave after treatment. We are dedicated to the physical, emotional and chemical well-being of our patients. It is our commitment to provide a warm, nurturing, serene and safe environment to assist our many patients in their healing process. It is important to us that our patients feel listened to and heard. We take the time to educate our patients. We require that our staff be continually educating themselves about our services and products so that they can participate in that educational process. We want our patients to make informed decisions regarding their health care because only then can they take responsibility for their own health and well-being. We are committed to the long term health of our patients. We want to help them achieve wellness and then we want to assist them in maintaining vital health and energy throughout their lives. We use modern and ancient healing arts to heal the whole body – the whole person – not just isolated problems, and not just the disease – naturally, and without the dangerous side effects or toxic overload to the body. We believe in treating the body with gentle and effective techniques.
Vital Health is a company that does things a little differently than you might expect. Because of our high standards for providing great customer service, and our requirement that our customers truly feel cared about by our entire staff, we are extremely particular about the people that we hire. We provide specific training in how we expect you to handle different situations and you can expect to be continually asked to “tweak” how you do things when we notice something that we would like you to handle differently. This should not be viewed as criticism; it is a reflection of our commitment to constantly improving our service.
Our company attitude is about friendliness, helpfulness, and constantly improving. We go out of our way to treat our patients and employees with courtesy and respect. While the majority of our patients are extremely pleasant to work with, it is important for our staff to understand that many of the patients that we work with are experiencing extreme health challenges that may result in them being less kind than they would normally be. We expect our staff to exhibit compassion in their interactions with them. Our commitment to making sure that our patients are smiling and feeling better when they walk out the door extends to our entire staff – it is your responsibility to help make sure that our patients have a positive experience when at our facility and within their other communications with our center.
When we put our patients first (even to the point of treating them like royalty), we produce satisfied patients that rave about us and our services when they talk to their friends and family members; this results in new patients and the continued growth of our center. Our patients often form a close personal connection to our staff and our company. We want our patients to really love coming here and our employees to really love working here.
We built this company with a high level of integrity and ethical behavior. We expect integrity and ethical behavior from our employees. We expect our staff to leave their personal grievances at home. We expect our patients to be greeted with enthusiasm and not to have to listen to your personal grievances or experience the attitude that results from your bad day. We expect our staff to present a cheerful, happy, helpful attitude in their dealings with our patients both in person and via other forms of communication (telephone, e-mail, etc.). As a company, we don’t make excuses. Where most health centers strive to provide good service, we strive to provide legendary service. We reward hard work, loyalty and innovation.
So what do we look for in a Vital Health employee? We want people who will be competent, dependable and hard working. We want someone who is a self-starter – someone who is capable of looking around and seeing things that need to be done and taking action. For example, we should not have to remind you to re-fill the brochure or article rack. We expect our staff to notice what needs to be done and do it. We’re looking for someone with a great attitude – vibrant and happy! Someone with an upbeat, “can-do” approach with patients and co-workers, making them feel comfortable, appreciated and heard.
- Passion for natural healthcare.
- Loves working with people and developing relationships with them.
- High energy level & upbeat attitude.
- Quality/detail oriented.
- Comfortable on a computer.
- Willing to learn.
- Thrives in a FAST paced environment.
- Office experience a plus.
- Someone who is looking for a long-term position.
Patient Support Coordinator
The Patient Support Coordinator works closely with our patients and health care practitioners to provide an extraordinary patient experience and supports our patients in their healing process. As Patient Support Coordinator, you can expect to:
- Welcome patients and make them feel comfortable.
- Take patients to treatment rooms.
- Handle service and product purchase transactions.
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle phone calls.
- Act as a support to the practitioners in meeting patient needs.
- Answer patient questions, educate patients and help motivate them to do what is necessary to achieve their health goals.
- Complete opening/closing procedures.
- Clean/re-stock treatment rooms and other areas of the office.
- Assemble educational materials.
- Continually educate yourself about our services and products so that you are knowledgeable when speaking with patients.
- Train hard to produce a consistent, quality patient experience.
- Complete other tasks, as assigned.
What You Will Love About Working for Vital Health
- We are a close-knit, fun group of people who love our jobs and truly care about our patients and each other.
- Getting to see patients’ lives change as their health improves makes it truly rewarding to come to work each day.
- Our patients are real people and we get to develop real relationships with them.
- We provide educational opportunities. We expect you to be constantly learning and improving your knowledge and skill. We provide educational literature for you to read, webinars for you to watch, our practitioners vast knowledge at your disposal and the opportunity to attend seminars several times each year.
- We offer our employees and their immediate families the benefits of all of our natural healthcare services at no charge, supplements at our cost and a monthly supplement credit.
- Our employees advance by completing a comprehensive, multi-tiered, structured training program, that includes training in nutrition, office flow management and people skills.
Apply in person at Vital Health: 213 W. Appleway, Ste. 10 Coeur d’Alene. Bring a resume.