It’s our 100th episode! We’re so grateful to all of you who have listened to our show and provided such valuable feedback to us. To celebrate this milestone, we’ve decided to do a State of Healthcare address and touch on the issues happening in our medical system these days. While there are a lot of problems with our current system, it’s not all bad news.
Remember that the body you have today is the only one you’re going to get. It’s important to treat it well and be as informed as you can about which doctors to see and what you put into your body. In this episode, we discuss the problem with over-specialization in the medical field, why medical schools should teach more about nutrition and alternative medicine, and how we can take a bigger role in governing our own health and staying informed.
What’s in this episode:
- Why so many people are getting frustrated with the healthcare system these days
- Why the over-specialization of medical professionals and big pharma control is a problem
- Why nutrition and alternative medicine should be bigger priorities in medical school education
- Despite the issues that need to be addressed, there is still a place for conventional medicine in our healthcare system
- How we can govern our own health