Cholesterol affects cardiovascular health. But its effect isn’t black and white. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. But why? Why do heart attacks and strokes occur? Why is medication alone not the answer? Why does the quality of the food and minerals that we ingest matter?
In today’s episode, Dr. Carling discusses the importance of cholesterol, the different types of cardiovascular disease and why they occur, and tips for managing heart health, including which foods to prioritize and which to avoid.
What’s in this episode:
- How cardiovascular disease is acquired
- Why the quality of materials needed to rebuild the body is relevant
- The differences and similarities between heart attacks and strokes
- What causes vascular damage
- Why cholesterol levels are important
- Why it’s important to address and prevent the underlying causes of high cholesterol
- Causes of high blood pressure
- Why nutritional balance is key
- Practical tips for reducing the likelihood of heart disease