GERD is one of the most common health challenges that people face. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is also known as reflux, and it can cause hiatal hernias and other digestive problems. Many people think that popping antacids solves the problem. The truth is that acid reducing pills only act as a band-aid, temporarily relieving symptoms, but not actually addressing the underlying causes.
In today’s episode, we’ll talk about the underlying causes of GERD, how not addressing it can be harmful, and what you can do to resolve it. Lifestyle changes are critical to your overall physical and mental health and well-being. It’s also important that you work with a professional skilled in identifying the underlying causes so that your digestive issues go away as well as any other related issues.
What’s in this episode:
- What is GERD
- Why it isn’t helpful to mask digestive problems with pills
- How antacids suppress the enzymes needed to digest your food
- What happens when you don’t have enough stomach acid
- Understanding the importance of lingual neural communication to a healthy digestive tract
- Lifestyle-related changes you can make to ditch GERD for good
- Understanding silent reflux symptoms