We all experience stressors in our day-to-day lives. But consistent stress can take a toll on our bodies, and it can eventually lead to conditions like anxiety and depression. Luckily, most cases of anxiety and depression can be managed with simple lifestyle changes and medical care.
In this episode, we’re breaking down the differences between stress, anxiety, and depression and the effects each one has on your body. Dr. Carling is explaining how our bodies process stress and function under consistent anxiety. She’s also sharing some conditions that are often misdiagnosed as depression.
What’s in this episode:
- What stress is and the factors that can cause it
- How your body processes stress as a fight or flight response
- Types of stress and how they affect your body
- The difference between anxiety and depression
- How to take charge of your emotions and understand your depression
- Common conditions and emotions that are misdiagnosed as depression
- How to manage stress, anxiety, and depression with simple lifestyle changes