What exactly is a traditional diet? Our diets have changed a lot over the years. While we have a lot more variety, we don’t have as much nutrient dense food, and that is reflected in our overall health. In fact, we may have a bit too much variety these days.
In today’s episode, we’re taking a deep dive into what a traditional diet actually consists of and how we can get the nutrients we need in the foods we have available to us now. We’ll explore the foods that we commonly eat now and how they have changed over the years. We will also share how you can get more nutrients from the food you consume and improve your overall health.
What’s in this episode:
- How our foods and the nutrients they offer have changed over the years
- What we’re getting wrong about supplementation
- The kind of animal food that is consumed in traditional diets
- The vitamin and mineral content in traditional diets vs. standard American diet
- How traditional cultures consume their food
- What we need to be adding to our diet to optimize our health