Cancer is not a topic that people like to talk about. But numbers are clearly increasing, especially in light of recategorization of cancer types as well as newly discovered cancer types. Even though it’s a scary disease, it is not something to avoid and ignore. We all know that the earlier cancer is detected, the better chance you have for survival. But what about prevention?
Prevention and early detection are not the same thing, and there is actually quite a lot that you can do in your everyday life to prevent (or fight) cancer. In today’s episode, we’re talking about how to take action in strengthening your immune system, and why you can’t let fear keep you from fighting.
What’s in this episode:
- The difference between prevention and early detection
- How prevention actually changes our environment that sets the stage for cancer
- Why genetics isn’t totally to blame for cancer
- The importance of a strong immune system
- Why you should pursue immune-strengthening therapies (e.g. acupuncture) in addition to the conventional or alternative therapies you may have chosen to do (e.g. chemotherapy)
- How acupuncture strengthens your immune system
- How acupuncture helps with symptoms from conventional cancer therapies
- The importance of diet and nutritional therapy to a healthy immune system