The bowel plays a role in almost all of your body’s processes, so what happens when it becomes inflamed? Inflammatory bowel diseases can be uncomfortable and detrimental to your overall health, but luckily, they don’t have to be forever. Many patients can treat both the symptoms and the causes with a combination of lifestyle changes and medical intervention.
In this episode, we’re talking about inflammatory bowel diseases: what they are, how they’re caused, and how to treat them. Dr. Carling is explaining what happens within the body during a flare, and she’s sharing some lifestyle and diet changes you can make to treat the symptoms. Plus, we’re explaining how acupuncture can help support your appendix and treat inflammatory bowel diseases.
What’s in this episode:
- What inflammatory bowel diseases are and which conditions are classified as IBDs
- What causes inflammatory bowel diseases and how to address the source of your discomfort
- How chewing your food properly can greatly improve bowel inflammation
- How your gut flora and immune system can impact bowel inflammation and discomfort
- Diet and lifestyle changes you can make to minimize bowel inflammation
- Which foods are the worst for irritating inflammatory bowel diseases
- How acupuncture can help treat inflammatory bowel diseases and support your appendix