The human body is host to billions of microorganisms, many of which actually help your body function. The most important of these, your gut flora, are responsible for processes like digestion and your immune response. But when this microbiome becomes imbalanced, it can have a serious impact on your health and comfort.
In this episode, we’re discussing how your gut flora affects your body and everyday life. We’re explaining how to tell if you’re experiencing an imbalance in your gut flora and how to rebalance it. Plus, we’re sharing simple diet and lifestyle changes you can make to nurture your microbiome.
What’s in this episode:
- What your gut flora is and what it does for your body
- How imbalances in your microbiome can cause infections
- Common causes of gut flora imbalances, like diet and antibiotic use
- How your gut supports your immune system
- How probiotic therapy works and who it can help
- Understanding probiotics vs. prebiotics, and why you need both
- How to know if you have an imbalance in your gut flora
- What happens if you take too much probiotics
- Simple diet changes you can make to nurture your gut flora