It seems that the time we get sick most often is during the colder, winter months. It’s no coincidence that we’re usually running around crazy due to the holidays. It’s a perfect storm for our immune systems to get out of whack and land us in bed with the flu or a cold.
Our bodies have an innate ability to heal and keep us healthy. There is much that we can do to prevent and fight off minor sickness, and it starts with listening to your body, getting back to the basics of how it can heal itself, and pairing it with resources specific to enhancing your health. In today’s episode, Dr. Carling discusses various illness prevention practices as well as what to do if you do succumb to a pesky winter illness.
What’s in this episode:
- Understanding how to combine our body’s natural ability to heal itself alongside supporting outside resources
- The importance of rest, quality sleep, and reducing stress to our overall health
- Focusing on ways to support our health during the craziness of the holidays
- Sickness prevention tips to help you stay your healthiest
- Why sugar is particularly bad when you’re sick
- The benefits of acupuncture
- What to do when you get sick (hint: consuming nutrients without digestive burden)
- How to balance enjoying life and staying well