If you ever have painful inflammation or stiffness in your joints, then you know all about arthritis. But do you know the root causes of excess inflammation? They can be complex, from digestion issues to nutrient deficiencies to hormones. And there’s a lot that can trigger inflammation. Today we’re talking through all of this and more so that you don’t feel in the dark about what to do.
The good news is that you can recover from arthritis. Getting rid of the symptoms is only the first step. Focusing on your diet, identifying the right kinds of exercise, limiting stress, and implementing acupuncture can all be a huge help to your recovery. This episode is chock full of helpful resources.
Don’t get overwhelmed. Everyone’s situation is different. The most important thing is to take it one step at a time. Pick one suggestion, try it, and come back to this episode if you need to. You can overcome arthritis and uncover a healthier you.
What’s in this episode:
- The four main types of arthritis
- Why three of the four types are considered autoimmune diseases
- How arthritis gets to the autoimmune phase
- How the foods we eat affect inflammation
- The importance of good fats to lubricating the joints
- How an elimination diet can help identify the root cause of inflammation
- Inflammatory triggers
- How acupuncture can ease excess inflammation