We can’t stop aging, but we can take steps to prevent one of its most recognizable and notorious side effects: cognitive decline. While much of Alzheimer’s disease is genetic, there are still ways to improve your cognitive function now and prevent decline later in life.
In this episode, we’re talking about the causes and effects of Alzheimer’s. We’re explaining the common risk factors, and we’re sharing how your diet and medication use might increase your chances of developing dementia. Plus, we’re sharing a few lifestyle changes you can make now to prevent developing Alzheimer’s down the line.
What’s in this episode:
- What Alzheimer’s disease is and how common it is across age groups
- What causes Alzheimer’s and common risk factors
- How head trauma increases your risk of developing Alzheimer’s
- What happens in a brain afflicted with Alzheimer’s
- How glucose and fats affects the brain
- What to do if you notice early signs of Alzheimer’s or dementia
- How certain medications can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s
- How to exercise your brain and body in order to prevent cognitive decline
- How acupuncture can help prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia