For years, we’ve been told to avoid fat in our diets, but recent research has proven that we’re doing major harm to our bodies by eating low-fat diets. So where did this “fat phobia” begin, and how can you reverse it in your own life?
In this episode, we’re diving into the basics of essential fatty acids–what they are, what they do for our bodies, and what happens when we don’t eat enough of them. Dr. Carling will share the effects of fat deficiencies in children and adults, and she’ll also explain which fats we need more of and which we actually should avoid.
What’s in this episode:
- How low-fat diets are doing us more harm than good
- The rise of “fat-phobia” in the diet and nutrition world
- What essential fatty acids are and how to get them in our diets
- How fats benefits our bodies and brains
- How to know if you’re not eating enough fats
- How essential fatty acid deficiencies affect children
- What trans fats are and how they damage your body