If you’ve ever woken up in the middle of the night with a charley horse, you know the frustration of disturbed sleep and a sore leg. The good news is that if you can get to the root cause of muscle cramps then they’ll usually go away pretty easily.
In today’s episode, we’re chatting about common causes of muscle cramps, and some steps you can take to address the underlying problem and get rid of the muscle cramps for good.
Staying hydrated, making sure you don’t have any mineral deficiencies, getting plenty of sleep and eliminating stress, and regular acupuncture are all ways that you can support your muscles.
What’s in this episode:
- Common causes of a charley horse
- What causes menstrual cramps
- How stress and not getting enough sleep can be big factors in muscle cramps, and why it’s important to check your medications for muscle cramps as a side effect
- Diseases that have muscle cramps as a symptom
- How to get rid of muscle cramps