When your air passages become inflamed and swollen, and the muscles in your airway passages constrict and inhibit the flow of breathing, that’s known as asthma. There is a reason why asthma happens. While we don’t understand all of the biological factors that cause this, we do know enough to support people with asthma to improve their overall wellbeing.
In today’s episode, Dr. Carling shares her experience with her first asthmatic patient during her internship and the shocking treatment option she didn’t know was possible. She also breaks down triggers that can cause asthma attacks, the role of your diet and lifestyle in the treatment of asthma and how acupuncture can support people who suffer from asthma.
What’s in this episode:
- Dr. Carling’s first experience with an asthma patient
- What asthma actually is
- Factors that are responsible for causing asthma
- How being too clean can make a baby more susceptible to asthma
- Triggers that can bring on an asthma attack
- How acupuncture can help treat asthma
- The role that diet plays in asthma