Have you ever heard of peripheral neuropathy? This is a disease that results in the loss of nerve function. It can have a big impact on your body and quality of life. This condition shows up on the outside of your body, more often than not, it’s the toes and fingers that have a loss of sensation.
The symptoms can often be quite annoying, although typically intermittent at first before developing into a more constant state. In this episode, we’ll be breaking down exactly why people experience peripheral neuropathy and the effects it has on them. You’ll get insight into what contributes to this disease and how you can treat it from a clinical and holistic standpoint.
What’s in this episode:
- What peripheral neuropathy is and its effects on your body
- What can lead to peripheral neuropathy
- Toxicities that can contribute to this nervous system condition
- How nutrition affects peripheral neuropathy
- What you should know about alcohol-induced peripheral neuropathy
- Blood sugar and its correlation to peripheral neuropathy
- How acupuncture can help with peripheral neuropathy